|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Paper piecing is great for cards, holiday ornaments and even pages! Check out our new CD 606 Paper Piecing Patterns—and save too!
Happy Halloween Card
By Laura Nicholas
Designer Tip: To hide the prongs of the brads inside the card, use clippers to snip them off. Layer the stickers to hang the spider from the web.
- Cut the stripe paper to 5"x6 ". Cut a 3" strip of yellow cardstock and ink the edges. Mat with black crock paper and glue across the center of the striped paper. Add Dazzles to the yellow strip and pen work, as shown.
- Attach bat brads around the strip. Ink the edges of the paper and glue to the front of the card.
- Inside the card: Cut a 1" piece of yellow cardstock and ink the edges. Add pen work and Dazzles, as shown. Mat with black crock paper.
- Cut a 2" strip of striped paper and ink the edges. Glue across the center of the card and then add the greeting block. Add small candy corn stickers at the bottom. Chalk inside the stickers to add color.
- Cut off the prongs of the bat brad and foam tape above the greeting.
Halloween Take Out Box
By Laura Nicholas
Designer Tip: Add papers to the box when it is flat. An X-acto knife makes it very easy to trim the paper flush to the edges. Add brads to the paper before gluing to the surface to hide the prongs.
- Cover top handle with black croc paper. Cover the top flaps of the box with striped paper and black croc paper.
- Glue striped paper around the sides of the box and ink the edges.
- Cut 1 " strips of yellow cardstock, ink the edges and mat with black croc paper. Glue across the center of the sides around the box, then add pen work to the edges.
- Back the pumpkins and jack-o-lantern stickers with orange cardstock and chalk with orange and green for deeper color. Glue the Jack-o-lanterns to the front of the box. Foam tape the smaller one for dimension. Add a bat brad to the corner and then glue that portion of paper to the box.
- Add additional pumpkins around the strip on the box. Embellish with bat and spider stickers.
- Fold the box into shape and ink the edges of the box.