By Lawrian Taylor
Designer’s Tip: Applying the wet brush directly to the watercolor pencil gives you a deeper shade of color.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover with Fancy Feathers turquoise swirled paper.
- Cut 6”x4 1/2” from white cardstock. Starting at the top, lightly color 1 1/2” with #125, 1 1/2” middle with #136 and bottom 1 1/2” with #155. Using a wide paintbrush, dip in water and make large strokes (side to side), blending the colors. Let the paper dry. Mat on Fancy Feathers dark purple paper with a 1/8” border. Glue to the center of your card.
- Cut 5”x3 1/2” from white cardstock. Stamp a large butterfly with Pansy SurfaceZ ink and right facing butterfly with Caribbean SurfaceZ ink (allow the wings to extend beyond the paper). Stamp “What a Happy…” in the lower left corner with Pansy SurfaceZ. Ink the edges with Pansy SurfaceZ and mat on Fancy Feathers dark purple paper with a 1/8” border. Glue to the center of your card.
- Stamp images again on white cardstock. Color and blend with a fine tip paintbrush. Let dry. Cut out and foam tape to the card. Then add Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- Card Inside: Cut 3 1/2”x3 1/2” from white cardstock. Follow blending step 2. Mat on Fancy Feathers dark purple with a 1/8” border. Glue to the center of your card. Add Jewel Dazzles as shown.