For the Left Page:
- Use the peach dotted paper as the background. Mat a vertical photo on yellow paper, then again on dark brown, trimming both mats to 1/8" and inking the edges of each. Glue the matted photo 2 1/2" from the left edge and 1" from the top of the page, then add the pumpkin label overlay to the bottom right corner of the photo. Glue the maple leaf tag overlay at an angle in the top right corner of the photo. Glue pieces of blue, green and yellow papers behind the clear letters on the "happy" overlay, then glue the overlay vertically, even with the left edge of the photo mat.
- Computer journal onto yellow paper, then crop the journaling and ink the edges. Mat on deep orange paper, trimming the mat to 1/16" and ink the edges. Glue the journaling over the right side of the page. Add a black patterned rub-on to a dark brown brad, then attach the brad over the top right corner of the journaling.
- Glue photos behind the two right frames and one far left frame on the filmstrip overlay, then glue the overlay 5/8" from the bottom of the page. Add an "F" and two "L" white ABC rub-ons to two dark brown brads and one medium brown brad, then add an "A" black ABC rub-on to a cream brad. Attach the brads to spell "fall" over the top of the empty frame on the filmstrip overlay. Glue the leaves label overlay across the bottom of the frame. Add a white patterned rub-on to a black brad and attach it over the space between the two frames on the right end of the overlay. Computer journal the date onto deep orange paper, then crop to a small rectangle and ink the edges. Glue the date over the top right edge of the overlay.
For the Right Page:
- Use the yellow dotted paper as the background. Mat two horizontal photos on yellow paper, trim each of the mats to 1/8" and ink the edges. Cut a 7"x11" piece of deep orange paper and ink the edges. Glue both of the matted photos over the orange paper, one above the other, with 2" of space between the photos. Glue the orange paper piece over the left side of the page.
- Glue pieces of yellow paper behind the letter "F" on the "joyful" overlay, then glue the overlay between the photos. Add a white patterned rub-on to a black brad, then attach the brad in the center of the letter "O" on the overlay. Add black patterned rub-ons to one dark brown and one medium brown brad, then attach the brads to the side of the photos.
- Computer journal onto deep orange paper, then crop to a vertical rectangle and ink the edges. Glue the journaling in the bottom right corner of the page. Add a piece of yellow paper behind a maple leaf tile overlay and glue it overlapping the top edge of the journaling. Glue the "fall" overlay above the leaf overlay. Add a piece of orange paper behind the pumpkin tile overlay and glue it above the "fall" overlay.
A Tip From Susan: To add a rub-on to the top of a Great Big Brad™, it's easiest to attach the brad to a piece of scratch paper first so the brad doesn't move around. Then, simply center the rub-on you want to use on top of the brad and use a craft stick (included with each pack of rub-ons) to apply medium pressure over the whole rub-on. Carefully lift the corner of the rub-on backing to make sure the rub-on has transferred to the brad. If not, try rubbing with a little more pressure until the rub-on has transferred. Finally, remove the backing and voila!–an instant, customized brad.
See your local retailer for project supplies.
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe