Hello, Deer Card
By Debbie Samples
Designer Tip: Use glitter embossing powder to create a glitter border and back the Dazzles™ deer!
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left. Cover with Trail Blazer green faded paper. Glue a 5”x3” Trail Blazer teal/brown plaid paper 1¾” from the top. Glue a 1”x6½” border on the fold. Trace and cut the Sugar Label on the right edge only of the card front. Ink all the edges.
- Glue a 5” length of brown mesh ribbon centered on the teal/brown paid paper. Place 4½” of ¼” Ultra Clear tape ½” from the top and bottom edges. Peel off the top coating and dust with the copper embossing powder. (No need to heat emboss)
- Die cut the largest scallop from Trail Blazer wood grain paper. Use the next size Circle cutting die to cut a dark brown cardstock circle. Stamp the deer in VersaMark™ ink. Dust with Copper Metallic embossing powder. Tap off the excess, and heat emboss. Ink the edges of the circle with VersaMark™ ink, & heat emboss with copper embossing powder. Stamp the butterfly in VersaMark™ ink, and heat emboss with Amber Rose embossing powder. Foam tape to the scallop die-cut, and glue to the card front. Place the two leaf Dazzles™.
- Stamp “Hello, Deer” on a 1 5/8”x1/2” Trail Blazer tan/brown paper. Mat on brown cardstock with 1/16” border. Foam tape to the top right, overlapping the edge.
- Card inside: Glue a 1½” Trail Blazer wood grain paper on the right edges. Mat a 4”x4 7/8” Trail Blazer green faded paper on brown cardstock with 1/8” borders. Glue on the fold, ¾” from the top. Mat a 4”x2” Trail Blazer tan/brown paper on brown cardstock with 1/8” borders. Back the arrow part of the “Adventure” Dazzles™ with ¼” ultra clear tape. Dust with Copper Metallic embossing powder, pushing the powder into the tape. (no need to emboss). Place the Dazzles™ on the tan/brown paper and glue to the card centered.