|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Pages
Technique: Beach Layouts
Designers: LeNae Gerig & Susan Cobb
Summer is officially here! And nothing says summer quite like a day at the beach. From soft and vintage to bright and playful, LeNae and Susan share two of their favorite beach layouts, perfect for summer scrapbooking.
By LeNae Gerig
- Place the ivory paper with the floral border at the bottom. Ink the edges of a 9 3/4"x7 1/4" piece of multi striped paper (stripes running horizontally) and tear small nicks around the edges. Glue the paper centered on the ivory portion of the background.
- Mat the top and bottom edges of a 7"x5" photo on burgundy glimmer paper and trim to 1/8". Glue the photo over the left side of the striped paper. Sand the tops of three burgundy embossed brads and attach them to the left of the photo. Computer journal onto the green dotted tag and glue it at an angle to the upper right of the photo. Sand the edges of a white big brad and add the 2-gether rub-on to the top. Use the brad to attach a large burgundy silk flower above the tag.
- Double-mat three small photos on white cardstock, then lavender or burgundy glimmer paper, trimming each to 1/16". Glue the photos at varying angles across the background paper border and use foam tape to attach the circular floral cut-outs in between.
- Add the giggle rub-on to the left photo. Write the date on the small tag cut-out and punch a hole in the tab. Run embroidery floss through the hole and knot the tails to form a loop, then foam tape the tag at an angle to the left of the photo. Sand the top of a white embossed brad and use it to attach a small burgundy silk flower in the corner of the photo. Tuck the tag's loop under the flower and secure in place with a Zot.
- Add the pals rub-on to the center photo. Sand the edges of a white big brad and add the good times rub-on to the top. Attach the brad in the top left corner of the right photo. Attach a knot of burgundy ribbon in the bottom right corner of the right photo with a Zot.
5 Things We Love About the Beach
By Susan Cobb
- Sand the edges of a sheet of tan bordered paper and place it with the border at the bottom. Sand the edges of an 11 1/2"x5 1/4" piece of orange textured paper and glue it across the top of the page. Mat a 7"x5" photo on aqua textured paper, trim the mat to 1/8" and sand the edges. Glue the photo over the right side of the orange paper.
- Sand the edges of the beach punch-out. Fold 2" of aqua ribbon in half and tape the loose ends behind the right end of the punch-out. Use foam tape to attach the punch-out to the bottom of the orange paper, to the right of the photo. Sand the edges of the swim and ocean punch-outs, plus the sandcastle Brad Buddy, one sun and one sunglasses brad. Attach above the beach punch-out as shown.
- Mat a 4" square photo on blue textured paper, trim the mat to 1/8" and sand the edges. Glue the photo centered under the right side of the orange paper, just above the page border. Attach a knot of aqua ribbon to the bottom left corner of the photo with a Zot.
- Computer journal onto aqua textured paper, crop to a square and sand the edges. Mat on blue textured paper, trim the mat to 1/8" and sand the edges. Fold 2" of aqua ribbon in half and tape the loose ends behind the top left edge of the matted journaling. Glue the journaling to the right of the square photo and accent with a sanded sun and sunglasses brad. Sand the edges of the bracket punch-outs and glue the to the left and right of the journaling. Sand the tops of two orange brads and add one brad to each bracket.