|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Project
Technique: Autumn Papers
Designer: Laura Nicholas
Adding chalk and ink to the silk leaves highlights the detail in the leaves, and adds dimention.
By Laura Nicholas
- Cut a 5"x6 1/2" rectangle of the brown dot paper, ink the edges.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x6" strip of the leaf paper and a 1 1/2"x4 1/2" strip of the gold strip paper. Ink the edges and adhere the gold strip to the right side of the leaf paper. Attach the entire piece centered on the brown dot paper, as shown. Add mini brads to the seam of the papers.
- Tie a bow with brown ribbon, leaving a long tail on one end. Adhere the bow with Zots to the paper seam, and attach the long tail across the leaf paper.
- Chalk or ink the leaves, to add dimention. Attach them over the ribbon tail with Zots. Add a brad to the bottom of the small leaf to anchor it.
- Write a sentiment on two tags and ink the edges. Attach the small tag to the top of the larger one with a brad. Adhere the tags, tucked under the leaf, to the leaf paper with foam tape. Attach the entire mat to the card front
- For the inside: Cut a 1 3/8"x5" strip of brown dot paper and ink the edges. Cut a 2"x4 1/2" strip of the leaf paper and a 1"x4 1/2" strip of the gold strip paper and ink the edges.
- Layer and adhere the strips as shown, add two mini brads along the seam. Adhere inside the card.
- Chalk or ink a yellow leaf and attach over the papers. Tie a small bow of brown ribbon and adhere with Zot at the bottom of the leaf. Print a sentiment on a tag and adhere under the leaf.