|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Cute chipboard outfits and houses make great cards and presentsplus savings too!
About the Project
Technique: Congrats Grad
Designer: Laura Nicholas
You are my hero!
By Laura Nicholas
- Cover the front of one mini folder with the light blue star paper. Cover the back of the second folder with the same star paper. Trim strips of striped paper and ink the edges. Glue along the edge on the front and back, overlapping the star paper. Add pen work to the seams of the papers.
- Cut a 2 1/2"x1 1/4" piece of tan paper, ink the edges and mat with brown cardstock. Add the "Grad" Brad Buddy and attach to the front of the folder. Print a greeting on blue paper and cut out as a tag using the template. Ink the edges and mat with brown cardstock. Add pen work and punch a hole in the tag. Tie to the Brad Buddy with elastic cord. Cut out a blue star from the art and ink the edges. Foam tape next to the cap Brad Buddy, as shown.
- Line the insides of the folder with blue paper and ink the edges. Cover the inside flaps of the folders with blue star paper and striped paper. Embellish the striped flap with a 3/4" strip of brown cardstock. Add penwork and foam tape stars and word strips, as shown. Attach a 1/2" strip of striped paper to the star flap. Cut a 2 1/2"x1 1/4" mat of tan paper and mat with brown cardstock. Add pen work and the cap Brad Buddy, foam tape to the star flap. Print a greeting on tan paper and cut out as tag. Ink the edges, add pen work and tuck into the pocket. Add a gift card to the second pocket.
- Cut 2 pieces of blue star paper to 3 1/2"x5 1/4", ink the edges and mat with brown cardstock. Add a 1/2" strips of striped paper to the bottoms, ink the edges and add pen work. Print words of advice on tan paper and trim. Ink the edges, add pen work and glue to the star paper. Glue one piece to the back of the first folder and the other to the front of the second folder.
- Line the second folder with blue paper. Cover the flaps as the first folder but change the sides for the striped paper. Trim a mat for the Brad Buddy, add pen work to the mat and to the diploma with a sharpie and foam tape to the star paper. Foam tape a word fragment and a star to the brown strip on the striped paper. Print a greeting on tan paper, trim as a tag and ink the edges. Add pen work and tuck into the pocket. Add another gift card or cash into the second pocket.
- Stack folders together and wrap folds with elastic cord to hold together.