Get all the major supplies needed to make these projects with the Card & Page Bundle or you can order them separately.
By Tessa Bundy
Designer Tip: To hold the template in place, fix white cardstock to the center of scrap paper. Position the template then tape to scrap paper, taping close around the edges of a cardstock piece.
- Position the card with the fold on the left. Cover the front with purple ColorCore Cardstock.
- Cut a 4 1/2" x 6" piece of white cardstock. Place the edge of the cosmic swirls template on top 1" of cardstock. Using 3mm tip Penstix Marker, trace the outline of the swirls. Then use the memento inkpads to add color to the swirls, using the template as masking. Dab or brush the pad into the corners of the swirls. Begin by adding blue into a few corners. After each color wipe the top of the template with a paper towel to remove the colored ink before stamping with another color. Work purple into the edges of the blue, continuing to work outwards. Lastly, work pink into the edges of the purple and fill in the remaining white spaces. Repeat for bottom 2 1/2" of cardstock.
- Mat the inked piece on black ColorCore Cardstock, with 1/8" borders. Attach it centered on the card front. Cut a 4 1/2" x 2" piece of pink ColorCore Cardstock and mat on black ColorCore Cardstock with an 1/8" border at the top and bottom. Journal across the left-hand portion. Attach large pink and dark teal flowers along the right-hand portion, fixing at the center with decorated brads. Attach finished strip across the stamped cardstock between the top and bottom designs.
- Inside the card: Tear the edge of a 1 1/4" strip of purple ColorCore Cardstock, turning to the black side so that purple shows along the torn edge. Attach across the left portion of the card inside.
- Cut a tag from white cardstock. Lay the cosmic swirls template over the tag. Trace outlines with 3mm Penstix marker then ink using colored memento pad as for the front of the card. Mat the tag on 1/8" black matting. Trim a 1 1/2" tall piece of pink ColorCore Cardstock and mat on black ColorCore Cardstock with 1/8" border at the top and bottom. Journal across center and attach centered on the tag. Attach the tag to the upper right portion of the card inside using a standard teal brad.
- Cut a smaller tag from purple ColorCore Cardstock. Mat on 1/8" black matting. Journal across the center. Attach a mini teal brad to the top of the tag then foam tape angled from the corner of the larger tag.
By Tessa Bundy
Designer Tip: After inking, the template easily washes off with a damp towel.
- Cut a 4 1/2" wide strip of green ColorCore Cardstock and attach 1/8" from the left side of the red ColorCore Cardstock. Position the template so that the flat edge of the journaling line is on left. Trace the lines on yellow ColorCore Cardstock then remove the template to add journaling. Erase the lines and cut around the shape, trimming the curved edge. Attach the journaling near the top of the green strip.
- Mat 5"x7"photo on yellow ColorCore Cardstock, leaving 1/8" border. Attach the photo to the right of the green strip, 2" from the bottom of the page. Position the template on green ColorCore Cardstock so that the flat edge of the journaling line is on the right. Trace the top half portion of the lines then remove the template to add journaling. Erase the lines and cut around shape, trimming the curved edge. Attach journaling in the bottom right corner of the page, overlapping the photo slightly.
- Use the template to draw swirls onto the bottom portion of the green strip, top right corner of the page, and around the lower corner of the photo using medium-tip Penstix marker.
- Place the template over yellow ColorCore Cardstock. To ink flowers, brush the memento pad over the template, brushing the corner of the pad inward from the edges of each petal. Remove the template and add penwork to the flowers using a fine-tipped Penstix Marker. Cut out the flowers and foam tape to the swirls on the page. Journal the title above the photo using a thick-tipped Penstix Marker.