Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Thanks Card Bundle or you can order them separately.
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I used the narrow swirls edge stamp to create an embossed "stem" for my flower on the card front by stamping it back-to-back with a bit of space between the two images. I also added stamped borders to the right edge of the paper rectangle on the card front, and the bottom of the tag. Knotted ribbon works well for "leaves". I used direct to paper method to edge the paper rectangle with the VersaMark inkpad, then embossed it for a clean defining edge.
- Cover the card front with the textured side of the white washed orange cardstock. Use the sanding block to distress the edges, then ink the edges with brown ink. Cut a 4 1/4" x 5 3/4" peach/ivory/brown textured paper rectangle. Ink the edges with the VersaMark pad, then sprinkle with embossing powder and emboss.
- Measure 3 3/4" from the bottom edge of the rectangle, and mask above that with scrap paper or a sticky note. Starting at the bottom of the textured rectangle, stamp the narrow swirl border image vertically with the flat edge of the image facing right, on the center of the rectangle. Sprinkle with embossing powder, shake off excess, and emboss. Stamp the same image again so the flat sides of the images are back to back, with 1/8" of space between them. Add embossing powder and emboss. Remove the scrap paper mask. Stamp the fine scroll border along the right edge of the rectangle and emboss.
- Glue the paper rectangle centered on the card front. Layer two pink flowers over a large brown flower and attach together with foam tape. Attach over the top edge of the embossed "stem" on the card front. Attach a brown embellishment to the center of the layered flowers.
- Cut a 1 3/8" x 3/4" cardstock rectangle and trim the top corners for a tag shape. Sand to distress the edges. Stamp and emboss the narrow swirl image across one long side of the tag. Write or computer print "thanks" on the tag and glue near the stem. Zot a knotted ribbon over the stem and end of the tag as shown.
- Inside the card: Write or computer print "You are so good to me" on cardstock, then trim to a rectangle. Ink the edges brown. Stamp and emboss the narrow swirls image across the bottom of the rectangle.
- Cut a 5" x 2 1/2" peach/ivory/brown textured rectangle and ink the edges with the VersaMark pad, then emboss them. Stamp the fine scroll border across the bottom of the rectangle and emboss it. Glue the paper rectangle across the center of the inside.
- Glue the cardstock greeting slightly right of center on the rectangle. Layer a mini pink flower over a brown small one, and attach to the left edge of the greeting with foam tape. Attach a brown embellishment over the center of the layered flowers.