|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||New small templates are perfect for cardmaking and page focals. Come check them out and get savings too!
Birthday Cake Pop-Up Card
By LeNae Gerig
Designer Tips: Change the colors of the card to make a Birthday Boy card. The 8"x8" Birthday book has many different color combinations available.
- Place the card fold at the top. Cover the card with the birthday candle border paper. Use the sanding block to lightly sand the outside edges of the card.
- Glue a candle border across the card, 1 from the top. Layer birthday tags with foam tape. Glue a pink bow at the top of the tags.
- Inside the card: Cut a 5 x8 rectangle of rose pink paper and make a fold 4 from the top. Line the template for the Yummy Surprise Cake with the fold and trace on the back of the paper. Follow the template instructions for cutting and folding the lines.
- Glue the rectangle with the folded cake inside the card, aligning the fold in the rectangle with the card fold. Trace the cake rectangles onto the back of yellow dot paper. Cut out and glue to the front of each cake layer. Adhere crystal stickers to the top of each layer. Foam tape a square cut-out with candles at the top of the cake. Glue a pink bow to one of the layers.
- Glue yellow dot paper where the pink rectangle ends on the inside back. Glue paper border cut-outs at the top and across the seam between rose and dot paper. Foam tape a square cake cut out, with a ribbon tab, to the right side of the border.