Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Christmas Splendor Set or you can order them separately.
Christmas Tree Shopping page
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: Use the Meteor Showers multi-shaper punch as a border on white paper to look like snow. The Christmas Pockets can be used to hold tags of journaling, photos, ticket stubs, or other small mementos.
- Start with green corner swirls paper with the swirls on the top left and bottom right. Trim a 12x2 strip of white paper. Use the Meteor Showers multi-shaper punch to create a border. Glue the strip to the bottom of the green paper as shown.
- Use the square guide on the Meteor Showers punch to make 2 squares. Cut out 3 small photos (about 3x3) and mat onto the ivory ornaments paper, making a 1/16 border. Mat again onto red/gold swirls paper, making a 1/4 border. Arrange the three photos across the top of the page, letting them overlap slightly. Place one white punched square behind the top left corner of the leftmost photo, and one behind the bottom right corner of the right photo. Glue white squares and all photos down.
- Christmas Tree Pockets: Use the Christmas Pockets template to make a Christmas tree out of red swirl and punch out 1/8 holes along the bottom of the tree (as seen on the template). Cut out a star shape from ivory ornaments paper and glue to the treetop. Trace just the pocket shape onto the back of teal pattern, cut out, and glue over the existing pocket to cover it. Cut out a x1 strip of brown pattern for the tree trunk. Glue the trunk down onto the snow bank, 1 from the bottom and 2 from the left. Glue down the red tree and the ivory star. Repeat the tree-making process for the brown tree with ivory pocket and red trunk (trunk is x2 ). Glue trunk from the bottom and 5 from the left. Glue down tree and star. Make a third tree from teal pattern with a striped pocket and brown tree trunk (trunk is x2). Glue down trunk from the bottom and 2 from the right. Glue down tree and star. With a fine tip black pen, carefully outline all the trees, stars, pockets, and trunks, keeping about 1/16 from the edges of the shapes.
- Pocket fillers: For the leftmost pocket, trace the ornament tag shape onto white paper and cut out. Write or print some journaling on the white ornament, then glue to multi-stripe paper. Trim around to create a 1/8 mat. Outline the white shape with a black pen. Punch a hole in the top, add brown sheer swirl ribbon, and slip into pocket. For the middle tree, cut out a photo of a Christmas Trees sign and glue inside pocket. For the right tree, cut out an ornament-shaped photo and mat onto brown pattern paper. Outline the photo with a black pen. Punch a hole in the top and add cream sheer swirl ribbon.
- Back the largest tree Dazzle with teal pattern, the medium with red/gold swirls, and the small with brown pattern. Trim the largest tree trunk to 1 long and glue the tree down, from the bottom and 3 from the right. Trim the red trees trunk to 1 and glue to page overlapping the teal tree, from the bottom and 2 from the right. Glue the brown tree on the left, from the left and from the bottom.
- Back the large Christmas presents Dazzles with red, teal, brown, and white paper as shown. Use white paper for the candy cane, then color every other strip red with a marker. Back holly leaves with white and color them green with a marker. Glue presents to page between the first and second trees, from the bottom and 2 from the left. 7. Using the Christmas Pockets template, cut out 5 holly leaves from teal pattern and 6 holly berries from red/gold swirl. Glue 3 leaves around the bottom right corner of the left photo. Glue down 3 red berries as shown. Glue 2 leaves above the top right corner of the right photo and add 3 berries. Drawn a fine black line down the center of all the leaves and around the leaves and the berries to help them stand out from the background.
Christmas Stocking card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: Add glitz to your card by scattering small Dazzles stickers on the front and inside. Christmas Pockets can hold tags with greetings, small candy canes, gift cards, tickets, or other compact gifts.
- With the fold on the left, cover card with ivory ornaments paper. Glue a 5x3 piece of teal pattern paper across the top. Cut a 5x1 strip of red/gold swirl and glue across the middle of the card, 2 from the top.
- Follow the directions on the Christmas Pockets template to make the Handmade Stocking out of red/gold swirl. Cut a piece of Christmas stripe to fit over the pocket part and glue to stocking. Cut the toe and heel pieces from teal pattern, glue to stocking, and accent edges with pen stitch marks. Cut out the stocking cuff from ivory ornaments, chalk the edges with brown chalk, and glue to stocking. Write Merry Christmas on the cuff with red marker.
- Cut out a bear from brown pattern paper. Accent edges with stitch marks and draw a face on the bear. Chalk edges with black to give the bear a little more dimension. Slip bear into the stocking pocket. You may leave it loose or glue it down.
- Scatter gold star Dazzles around the teal piece. On the bottom right corner, place a holly berries Dazzles and color in with green and red markers. Tie a tiny bow out of burgundy gingham ribbon and glue to bear. Tie a bigger bow out of green sheer swirl ribbon and glue just under the stocking cuff on the right side.
- Inside the card: Cover the inside with red/gold swirl. Cut a piece of ivory ornaments paper to 4 x2 with the red/brown border on the left. Glue onto teal pattern paper and trim around, creating a 1/8 mat. Glue piece to center of card.
- Write Wishing you cheer from far and near on the ivory part. Add gold border Dazzles above and below greeting as shown. Scatter gold stars around the red/gold swirl background.