Top 10 summer memories page
- Use the blue grid with stripe border paper as the background, turning the paper so the border runs along the bottom. Glue a 7 3/4"x8 3/4" piece of lavender glimmer paper even with the top right corner of the background paper. Ink the edges of the page black.
- Run a 13" length of lime grosgrain ribbon across the top of the stripe border, overlapping the bottom edge of the lavender glimmer paper. Use a black pen to add zig-zag pen work down the left edge of the glimmer paper, overlapping the seam between the glimmer paper and the background paper.
- Mat a 5"x7" vertical photo on white cardstock, trim the mat to 1/16" and ink the edges. Mat again on yellow grid paper, trim the mat to 1/4" and ink the edges. Add one white mini brad to each corner of the photo and glue the photo centered over the glimmer paper.
- Computer journal “Top 10 Summer Memories” onto white cardstock and accent with a yellow pen. Crop the journaling to a small rectangle, ink the edges and glue in the top left corner of the page. Use a black pen to journal a list of 10 favorite summer memories down the left side of the page (hint: Use the grid lines printed on the background paper as a guide to keep your journaling straight and even). Add one mini brad next to each item in the list, alternating between white, lavender and yellow.
- Use a black pen to journal the year onto the small lime tag. Add a yellow mini brad to the tab at the top of the tag, then use foam tape to attach the tag at an angle under the bottom left corner of the glimmer paper. Tie an 8" length of lime grosgrain ribbon into a shoestring bow and use a Glue Dot™ to attach the bow above the tag, overlapping the ribbon length that runs across the page.
A tip from Shauna:
I love color-blocked papers–they make scrapbooking easy because the page is already broken up into sections for you. Here, I turned a border paper into a color-blocked background. I chose a patterned paper with a fun striped border for the background, then covered a large portion of the blue area with lavender glimmer paper. Now, I’ve turned a simple bordered paper into a customized color-blocked paper with a sleek, clean look. With three separate areas, I have one section for my photo, one section for my journaling, and one striped section that I left as is for color and interest.
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2006 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013