|Layouts With Pizazz
For You card
By Laura Nicholas
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with green/purple floral paper, then cover the bottom 3" with green striped paper (stripes running vertically) and sand the edges of the card front. Glue a 5" length of lime grosgrain ribbon across the seam between the green/purple floral and green striped papers.
- Use the template to trace four "flower power" shapes onto the back of purple textured paper. Cut out each shape and sand the edges, then follow the instructions printed on the template to fold each flower. Use a white mini brad to attach a gold flower pinwheel in the center of each of the folded flowers.
- Fold three 2" lengths of lime grosgrain ribbon in half and secure the loose ends of all three ribbons behind one of the folded flowers. Computer journal "for you" onto parchment paper and cut to a small square. Glue the journaling over the green/purple floral tag. Use foam tape to secure the top of the tag and the flower in the center of the ribbon length that runs across the card.
- Fold two more 2" lengths of lime grosgrain ribbon in half and secure the loose ends of each behind two more folded flowers. Use foam tape to attach one flower to each side of the center flower.
For the Card Inside:
- Sand the edges of a 4"x5 1/2" piece of green/purple floral paper and glue it centered inside the card. Sand the edges of a 4"x2" piece of green striped paper (stripes running vertically) and glue it even with the bottom edge of the green/purple floral.
- Cut a 2 3/4"x4" piece of parchment paper and glue it over the left side of the patterned papers. Fold three 2" lengths of lime grosgrain ribbon in half and secure the loose ends of all three ribbons behind the remaining flower. Use foam tape to attach the flower in the bottom right corner of the parchment paper.
A tip from Laura: Try inking or sanding the edges of your flowers before you fold them into shape. Each of the petals will stand out more when the shapes are folded and the papers layered on top of each other. Another tip? I like to add a brad (or in this case, a brad with an adorable pinwheel!) to the center of my folded flowers to make sure all the petals stay in place.
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2006 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013