Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Serendipity Birthday Card Bundle Serendipity Birthday Card Set, or you can order them separately.
Happy Birthday, With Love Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: After trimming around the edges of the stamped image, I foam taped the frame centered on to the label-shaped cut-out, which really shows off the pretty stamped frame.
- 1) With the fold at the top, cover the card front with teal/lime paper (from the flowers corner sheet), with the scalloped border at the left and bottom. Ink the edges black. Ink a 5"x4" lime/pink/teal/orange/yellow patterned paper rectangle and glue it even with the right side and ¾" from the bottom.
- 2) Use the template to trace a label on pink dotted paper, then cut it out and ink the edges black. Glue the label centered on the patterned paper rectangle.
- 3) Stamp the frame with words and swirl inside on light teal dotted paper with black ink. Paint in the areas of the frame, tiny flowers, center swirl and "Birthday" with the smooch inks as shown. Let dry. Trim around the edges of the frame and foam tape centered to the label. Embellish with ribbon and flower Dazzles as shown.
- 4) Inside the card: Ink the edges of a 6 ½"x1 ¼" patterned paper rectangle and glue across the inside. Glue 1 ½" pieces of ribbon centered on the rectangle at each end. Trace a label on the back of pink dotted paper. Cut it out and ink the edges black. Glue centered over the paper rectangle.
- 5) Stamp the heart frame with words and swirl at the center on light teal dotted paper with black ink. Paint in the flowers around the frame, the center swirl, and "Love" with Smooch inks as shown. Cut around the heart and glue centered to the label. Embellish with Flower Dazzles, as shown.