|By Ann Bernklau
Just for you card
By By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: . I cut out a 5"x6 1/2" piece of white cardstock and did my stamping and spraying on it before gluing it to my card-this way I can make sure the piece is flat first before gluing. . Use clear embossing powder to get a resist effect after spraying or inking over it-just wipe off the excess ink with a paper towel. . The jumbo stamps look great going off a card, as a background or as a focal. They are wonderful for making your own wrapping paper or adding to your scrapbook pages! . Glimmer mist looks great as a soft background for your card.
- Cut a 6 1/2"x5" rectangle of white cardstock. Stamp a peony with Versamark in the bottom left corner, going off the card slightly. Stamp a swirl along the right side of the card. Sprinkle on clear embossing powder and emboss with heat embossing tool.
- Place the piece on newspapers or a craft sheet and spray heavily with Vintage Pink Glimmer mist. Spray lightly with Red Velvet Glimmer Mist. Blot off excess ink with a paper towel. Paper will curl, so flatten by covering with a paper towel and a heavy book until completely dry.
- Attach the leaf blender tip to the stylus and dab onto the Berrylicious inkpad. Rub the blender tip in a circular motion onto the peony. Continue blending to fill the peony. Ink the edges of the card with Berrylicious.
- Take 14" of black and white gingham ribbon and tie the ends in a small bow. Cut the ribbon 3" below the bow. Adhere a line of Zips across the top of the card, 3/4" from the top. Attach the ribbon to the zips, with the bow 2 1/4" from the right. Adhere small pieces of ribbon crossing the bottom 2 corners as shown. Trim all ribbon to the card.
- Stamp "Just for you" in black on a small piece of white cardstock. Use another leaf blender tip to ink the edges of the greeting, softly blending inward for a shaded effect. Foam tape to the card 1/4" from the top and 3/4" from the left.
- For the inside: Stamp a Berrylicious peony in the bottom right corner and Stamp "Thinking of you" in black in the white space at the top left. Knot 3" of ribbon and attach with Zips.