You're so thoughtful card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer's Tip: The adhesive sheets work great with any manual die cut or electronic cutting machines, such as the Epic Tool or the CAMEO. This way you don't have to apply glue to all of your intricate die-cut shapes, just simply peel and stick!
- Apply a sheet of Scrapbook Adhesives to the back of the pink/green medallion paper, according to the instructions on the adhesive sheet. To cut a 12" wide adhesive-backed paper on the CAMEO without a cutting, mat, you will first need to adjust the rollers. Open the CAMEO and press down the blue lever on the right side. This should slightly lift the metal bar with the white rollers on it. Holding the bar with one hand, twist the white roller on the right until it releases from the grooves. Slide the white roller on the bar to the left until it is within 12" from the other roller (so both rollers will fit on your paper). Lift up the blue lever on the right to shift the metal bar back in place.
- Insert the adhesive-backed sheet, patterned side up, into the Silhouette CAMEO. In the Silhouette Studio software, browse through your library and double-click on the leafy branch to place it on your page. Expand the branch and duplicate it so there are 2. Send the job to cut on the CAMEO. In the cut settings, select Print paper medium (using blade 2). Un-check the box that says "cutting mat." Since the adhesive has a backing sheet, there is no need to apply your sheet onto the normal cutting mat. Proceed until the paper has cut and been ejected from the machine. The blade should have almost cut through the backing sheet and may have in some areas. The important part is that the paper itself has been cut through. You should now be able to peel off your cut shapes.
- Cover a horizontal card with brown swirl. Peel and place one of your leafy branches along the bottom left of the card as shown.
- Use same technique with the adhesive sheet and the Silhouette CAMEO to cut the words "You're so thoughtful" and the butterflies from light green texture paper. Apply to your card as shown. Add pink Jewel Dazzles to the butterflies.
- Inside: glue 6"x4 1/2" of light green texture in the center. Apply the second leafy branch across the right side.