|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||6 NEW Animal wobblers with glittering foiled accents for extra shine! Come see Paulette and Ann showcase all 6 designs, bringing you new ideas, techniques and along with the super cute Easter basket and more in this weeks webisode!
Family photos mini book
Designer: Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Make a cute shaped mini book using the Build a Banner template, paper and embellishments. I cut the cover pieces from a blank white card for extra stability, then covered them with paper.
- Open the blank card and use the template to trace the large flag shape with tabs on each panel of the card. Cut them out, then cover the front of one shape with paper, trimming edges evenly. Add the dragonfly brad to the upper left portion of the shape, then cover the back with paper, trimming edges evenly. Cover both sides of the remaining piece with paper. Ink the edges of each cover with rouge ink.
- Trace 6 more large flag shapes onto coordinating papers and cut them out. Place 3 on your work surface with the tabs at the left, and 3 with tabs at the right. Ink the edges of each page with rouge ink.
- For the front cover, trace and cut out 6 micro mini pennants. Write or computer print a letter on each to spell family. Ink the edges of each pennant and glue along teal grosgrain ribbon across the front of the cover. Zot bows as shown. Cut a medium chevron and a tiny chevron from contrasting papers. Ink the edges of both. Write or computer print photos on the tiny chevron. Foam tape it centered near the top of the medium chevron. Glue overlapping the bottom right of the front cover, trimming excess evenly with the cover.
- Decorate the inside of the front cover with template shapes cut from contrasting papers. Ink the edges of each piece and layer with aqua sheer ribbon. Write or computer print year on a mini circle and foam tape as shown. Zot knotted maroon crepe ribbon near mini circle.
- Decorate pages with matted photos, ribbon, brads, paper strips, and paper shapes created with the template. Ink all edges and layer shapes as desired. Add words to the shapes or trim into word blocks and glue or foam tape to each page. When finished decorating the 6 pages, glue them back to back to create 3 book pages.
- Punch a 1/4" hole in the center of each tab of the front cover, making sure they are equally aligned. Use the punched holes in the cover tabs as a guide for the remaining pages and back cover. Stack the pages and place on top of the back cover. Place the front cover over the pages and adjust so the holes are aligned. Insert one end of a 13 length of maroon crepe ribbon through the holes in one tab, then repeat with the other end through the second tab. Tie ribbon into a knot to secure.