Popcorn the Bear Card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer's Tip: The black pigment ink pad works well with the pens, just make sure you heat set it or let it dry overnight to make sure it's completely dry-pigment is a slow-drying ink (which works well for embossing, too). For inking the edges and for the words stamps I used Jet Black StazOn®, but you could use whatever black non-pigment ink pad you have on hand. When using the Spectrum Noir Pens, make sure to practice coloring on a scrap piece of paper so you know what your final piece will look like.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card with Kaleidoscope yellow grid paper. Ink the edges black using a cosmetic sponge.
- Cut a 5 1/4"x4 1/4" piece of white cardstock and ink edges black. Stamp the large image in the center with black pigment ink. Stamp "Relax..." near the top right as shown. Heat set with a heat gun or let dry overnight to prevent smearing when you color the image. Make sure you have some scrap paper or a craft sheet under your stamped image while you color with the Spectrum Noir pens.
- Color in your stamped image with the following colors. Bear: TN3, shading with TN5. Mug, cushions, flowerpots, soles of bear feet: IB2 (blue), CR1, CR2, PP4, CR6. Dirt and mop: TN5. Duck and beak: GB1, GB3, CR1. Basket: TN3. Wicker chair: GB1. Grass: LG3, shading with CG4. Newspaper: GG1.
- Mat your image on Kaleidoscope teal houndstooth, leaving a 1/8" border. Ink edges black. Glue to the center of the card. Glue 3 1/2" of narrow teal grosgrain across the top left corner of the card using Zips adhesive lines; trim edges. Glue a small teal bow on the ribbon using Zots adhesive dots.
- For the inside: Ink the edges of 6"x4 1/2" of Kaleidoscope teal houndstooth and glue to center. Glue 6"x1/2" strips of brown pattern across the teal piece, one 1" from the top and the other 3" from the top.
- Stamp "Happy Father's Day" on 2 3/4"x3/4" of white cardstock and ink edges. Mat on yellow, leaving a 1/8" border and ink edges. Glue to card 3/4" from the top and left. Stamp a duck on 2 3/4"x1 3/4" of white cardstock with black pigment ink and heat set. Color in with Spectrum Noir pens: GB1, GB3, CR1, IB2, LG3, and CG4. Ink edges and mat on yellow, leaving a 1/4" border. Ink edges and glue to card 3/4" from the right and bottom.