Keystone page for display stand
Designer: Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: With the Design Tool Kit you can create a variety of different shaped pages for this Memory Display.
- Using the largest shape in the Design Took Kit, trace around the outside edges on tan/burgundy/blue snowflakes and swirls paper. Cut out the shape and mat on burgundy, with 1/8" borders. Punch a hole in the shape, 1/2" from the top, and 1 3/4" from the right. Punch a second hole 1/2" from the top, and 1 3/4" from the left, making sure it is also aligned horizontally with the hole at the right.
- Glue 1/8" wide blue grosgrain ribbon along the bottom edge of the photo, trimming edges evenly. Glue the mini ivory rick rack along the top edge of the blue ribbon so it overlaps it slightly and trim edges evenly. Mat photo on burgundy with 1/16" borders. Mat again on blue textured paper with 1/16" borders. Glue wide blue rick rack along the left edge of the photo, trimming ends evenly with the matting. Glue the photo centered on the matted shape, just below the punched holes.
- Cut a 6"x5" blue textured paper and fold in half creating a 6"x2 ½" piece. Place the folded edge under the straight edge of the Twinkle design on the Easy Pleated Snowflakes Template. Trace your design staying next to the inside lines. Remove the template. Use a ruler and scoring tool to score the fold lines. Cut out the shape and fold along the fold lines. Snip the holes as traced.
- Open up your shape completely and accordion fold along the fold lines. Keeping your shape folded, lightly fold back and forth at the center to help create your design. Glue the 2 tabs together on each side to create the circular pleat. Add a Zot to the center openings. Zot or foam tape the snowflake to the page.
- Trace around the tag shape (from the Design Tool Kit) on light blue/burgundy snowflakes border paper. Cut out the shape and write or computer journal on it. Mat on burgundy with thin borders. Foam tape to the lower left corner of the page. Tie a purple crepe ribbon bow and Zot near the top of the tag. Embellish the page with pearls as shown.