Happy Anniversary Card
By Abbie Friesen
Designer's Tip: Cut along the black edges of the lined paper for a better look on the card inside background. Feel free to mark over the computer print greeting and sentiment with a black pen if the text is too skinny to clearly read.
- Place the card with the fold on the top. Cut 6 3/8"x4 7/8" black swirls paper and glue it on the front center. Cut 4 ¾"x4 ¾" black dot paper and mat it on black cardstock with 1/8" borders. Mat it again on red cardstock with 1/8" borders, and glue it on the front center. Cut 3"x4 ¾" cream swirl paper and glue it on the top center edge.
- Punch out the square label die-cut and glue it on the card center. Cut 6 3/8"x1 ¼" red cardstock and foam tape the right and left sides, centered 2 ½" from the top edge. Cut 6 3/8" of 3/4" black dotted sheer ribbon and Zot it centered on the red cardstock.
- Punch out the black number papier tole. Before foam taping the die-cuts, computer print "Happy Anniversary" on the center of the die-cut base. Glue a red circle flower 1/16" below the greeting centered, and foam tape the die-cut layers. Punch out a papier tole flower die-cut and mat it on red cardstock with 1/8" borders. Glue it behind the greeting, and then glue the greeting on the card front center.
- Inside: Cut 5 ½"x4" black swirls paper and glue it centered on the inside top edge. Cut 3 ½"x4" cream swirls paper and glue it centered on the card. Cut two 1"x4" lines paper strips. Glue one ¾" from the top-right edge and the other ¾" from the top-left edge. Punch out the black dot label die-cut. Computer print "to you my love" on its center and glue it on the card center. Tie a bow of ¼" cream grosgrain ribbon and Zot it on the top-center of the label. Tie a bow of 1/8" white grosgrain ribbon and Zot it on the center of the cream bow.
- Punch out two small roses, a medium rose, four leaves, a flower bundle, and a large flourish die-cuts. Glue two leaves behind the medium rose and one small leaf behind each of the small roses. Foam tape the die-cuts ¼" from the card bottom and edges in the locations as shown.