Home Sweet Home Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Zot embellishments close to the fold, and use foam tape further away from the fold so that the card can still close easily.
- Open your card with the fold running horizontally. Cut 2" off of the lower edge. Score a fold line 2 1/2" from the upper edge. Mountain fold the upper part of the card back.
- Cut two 6 1/2"x3" black cardstocks and glue to the center and lower card faces.
- Pop out the large house die-cut and remove the small paper nibs with your fingernails. Glue even with the lower fold line, 3/4" from the left card edge. Pop out one fence die-cut, cut 5/8" from the left edge and glue each piece on either side of the house.
- Pop out the tree die-cut and place a triple layer of foam tape on the top edge. Zot the lower edge in front of the right-hand fence, as shown. Foam tape a small bird on the tree, and on the house. Zot the lower edge of the flower pot die-cut as shown, foam taping the upper edge.
- Glue the flower border 1/4" from the lower edge of the card, and glue the "Home Sweet Home" label 1/4" from the fold. Zot a bow above the border and Zot on a heart flower die-cut. Foam tape two flower die-cuts onto the label.