One of a Kind Card
By Erica Hettwer
Designer's Tip: Faux stitching adds an extra homemade touch to your cards.
- Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover with blue Picnic paper.
- Cut a 4 1/2" square of kraft cardstock and trace the pinwheel window in the center. Cut out the windows with the X-acto® knife. Glue silver foil papers to the backs of the small triangles as shown. Draw a faux stitched line around each opening and the edge of the paper 1/16" from the edge.
- Following the instructions on the template, iris fold the large triangle windows with blue, green, and red foil papers as shown. Glue silver foil paper to the centers of each iris fold. Glue to a 4 5/8" square of blue foil paper with a 1/16" mat. Foam tape to the center of the card 1/4" from top.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x1 1/4" cardstock, draw faux stitched lines 1/16" from the edge. Stamp "You are one of a kind" in the center with black. Mat on blue foil with 1/16" border, and foam tape to the center of the card 1/4" from the bottom.
- Card inside: Cover the inside with kraft cardstock and draw faux stitching around the edges with 1/16" borders. Glue 4 1/2"x5 1/2" Picnic blue paper centered. Cut a 3 5/8" square of cardstock and stamp "My kind" in the center. Draw faux stitching 1/16" from the edges. Mat on blue foil paper with a 1/16" mat. Glue 3/8" from the top of the blue Picnic paper. Zot a 4 1/2" Picnic navy dotted ribbon 1/2" from the bottom of the Picnic paper as shown.