Happy Thoughts Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: When "Smooching" an embossed image, use a paper towel to blot off the ink from the embossing resist.
- Place your card with the fold on the left. Ink the edges of a 4 3/4"x6 1/4" Grapefruit orange scroll paper and glue two lengths of ribbon across the panel 3/4" from the top and bottom edges; glue ends to the back. Glue the panel centered on the card front.
- Use VersaMark to stamp, then emboss the corset image in white on the lower left corner of a 4 1/8"x5 1/2" Grapefruit pink dot paper. Ink the edges, mat on Grapefruit black paper with a 1/16" border and glue on center. Use Smooch® Inks to add orange and pink to the small flowers and let dry.
- Stamp, then emboss the corset image in black on white cardstock, and again on orange dot paper. Cut out the center part of the corset from the orange paper and glue over the image on white. Use Smooch® inks to color in as shown and let dry. Cut out the entire image and foam tape to the right of the image on the card, as shown.
- Journal "Happy Thoughts" on 2 5/8"x5/8" white cardstock and ink the edges. Mat on Grapefruit orange scroll then on Grapefruit black with 1/16" borders and glue, as shown. Zot an orange polka dot bow at an angle left of the text.
- For the inside: Stamp, then emboss the corset image in white, centered on the lower part of a 3 1/2"x6" Grapefruit orange dot paper. Ink the edges and glue 1/8" from left and bottom edges.
- Mat a 4"x1 1/4" Grapefruit pink dot paper on Grapefruit black with a 1/16" border and glue a knotted length of ribbon across, gluing ends behind. Glue 1/4" from top edge. Journal "For Cheery Days" on a 2 7/8"x5/8" piece of cardstock, ink the edges and mat on Grapefruit black with a 1/16" border. Foam tape as shown.