Follow Your Path Bike Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Mask off the spackled bike in three layers for a sunset look.
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on top. Ink the edges with Peacock ink. Ink the edges of a 6 1/4"x4 3/4" Geometrics black paper with Soot ink and glue centered.
- Cut two 2 3/8"x4 1/4" Geometrics chevron striped papers, ink the edges Soot and mat both on white cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue on your card 1/16" from the top black corners as shown.
- Place a 5 3/4"x3 5/8" Geometrics gray paper on your craft sheet and place the bike template in the center. Use the squeegee to spread an even layer of spackle across the template, making a smooth thin layer. Carefully remove template and let dry completely.
- Place the template over the dry bike image again (to mask off the background). Place a piece of scrap paper over the top two-thirds of the bike. Use the stylus and blender tip to ink the bottom third of the bike Soot. Move the scrap paper up and ink the center third of the bike Festive Berry. Remove the scrap paper and ink the top third of the bike Peacock. Remove the template, ink the paper edges Soot, mat on white with a 1/16" border and ink the edges again. Foam tape 1/16" from bottom edge of the black panel.
- Ink the edges of a 4"x1/2" black paper, mat on white with a 1/16" border, foam tape centered above the bike and place "follow your own path" Dazzles on center. Tuck two lengths of ribbon under the ends of the matted text and Zot on in a zigzag formation as shown. Trim ends in a "v" shape. Place silver Dazzles corner pieces as shown.