Love and Blessings
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Showcase a Papier Tole gingerbread boy embellishment on a contrasting die-cut paper circle with scalloped border for a darling card focal! Rick rack and buttons finish the sweet look!
- Card inside: Trim your card to a 5" square and place with the fold at the top. Cover the card with ivory circles paper. Cut a 4 3/4" brown dots paper square. Cover the bottom half with striped paper. Cut a 4 3/4" long red/ivory candy cane stripe from remaining striped paper and sand the edges. Glue on the seam of the two papers trimming sides evenly. Sand the edges and glue centered on the card.
- Use the die-cutting machine and the 3 1/4" circle die to cut a green dots circle. Use the 3 7/8" scallop die to cut a red dots scalloped circle. Sand the edges of each, then layer together with foam tape as shown. Glue centered on the card.
- Punch out the gingerbread boy Papier Tole pieces. Sand the edges of the gingerbread boy, hat, and candy cane (extra art). Layer the gingerbread boy pieces together by number with foam tape. Glue centered on the green dots circle. Foam tape the candy cane to the left side as shown. Punch out the green tag (extra art) and place "Love" centered on it. Glue on the right side of the card as shown.
- Cut two 4 3/4" lengths of brown rick rack and glue one on the bottom edge of the striped paper. Repeat for the upper edge of the brown dots paper. Use 1/4" wide red metallic ribbon to tie a bow and Zot to the left side as shown. Cut thin strips of ivory circles paper and thread button holes to finish them. Zot buttons as shown.
- Card inside: Glue a 5"x2 1/2" brown dots paper even with the bottom of the inside. Glue a 5"x2" green dots paper even with the bottom. Glue a 5"x1 1/2" red dots paper even with the bottom. Cut a 5" long red/ivory candy cane stripe from striped paper and sand the edges. Glue even with the top edge of the red dots paper. Glue brown rick rack on the top edge of the brown dots paper. Create the gingerbread girl Papier Tole embellishment as you did for the gingerbread boy on the front. Glue on the left side of the paper. Sand the heart with peppermint (extra art) and glue on the right side of the striped paper strip. Add "Blessings" on the red dots paper on the right. Thread buttons with paper and Zot on rick rack as shown.