Season's Greetings gift card
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Christmas Charms stamp images are the perfect size to frame these metal labels-so cute! I inked the edges of the frame, papers, and mini tree buttons with copper ink for a festive look, and changed the color of the Gold Jewel Dazzles to match.
- Front: Trim the blank card to a 3" square. Cover with Christmas Sweets brown/red/green dots paper. Ink the edges with Brown ink then sand the edges. Lightly ink the edges with copper ink and let dry.
- Cut a 2 1/2"x2" Christmas Sweets red/tan snowflakes paper. Sand the edges to distress them then ink lightly with copper ink. Glue on the card centered 3/4" from the bottom, but do not glue the upper left corner. Stamp the music image on tan dots paper with dark brown ink. Tear the edges around the image, then ink lightly with dark brown ink and copper ink. Glue on the card, 1/8" from the right side and 1/2" from the top. Tie green mesh ribbon around the loose corner with a knot on the front. Trim ends to 2" length and allow to curl.
- Cut a 3 1/2"x3/4" Christmas Sweets red dots/green circles paper. Score 1/4" from the top edge and fold on the scored line. Glue together so the red dots paper is showing at the bottom. Sand the edges then glue even with the bottom of the card. Trim edges evenly. Ink outer edges with dark brown and copper inks.
- Ink some small and medium sized Gold Jewel Dazzles with Copper ink and let dry. Add the inked small Gold Jewel Dazzles along the design of the green paper as shown. Add a medium sized Gold Jewel Dazzles on the knot of the green mesh ribbon.
- Stamp the bird/branch with berries image on Christmas Sweets ivory/tan circles paper with dark brown ink. Add frame to paper so the image is centered inside the opening. Add brads to the ends and apply foam tape to the back. Lightly ink the edges of the frame with Copper ink. Place overlapping the music image on the card as shown.
- Color in the bird's head, back, wings and tail with light brown chalk. Color the beak with orange chalk. Color the rest of the bird with white chalk. Color in the berries with red chalk. Ink the edges of 3 green tree Flat Backed buttons with Copper ink and let dry. Zot to the bottom of the card as shown. Stamp the "Season's Greetings" image on ivory/tan circles paper with dark brown ink. Trim into a small tag shape. Ink the edges dark brown, then copper. Glue to the lower right portion of the card, as shown.