Not Feeling so Chirpy?
By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: Memento Ink pads are wonderful to use with Spectrum Noir pens as the Black ink will not bleed when it comes in contact with alcohol in pens.
- Card front: Place card fold at the side. Ink edges of 4 1/2"x6" Simply Susan lavender paper and glue to card center. Glue 5"x1 1/4" Simply Susan black dot paper across card, 1 1/4" from bottom. Ink edges of 5"x3/4" Simply Susan aqua hounds tooth paper and glue across center of dot paper.
- Cut a "v" shape at one end of 2 1/4"x5" white Silky Papers and ink edges.
- Tag: Cut along blue edge of 5"x2" Simply Susan chevron paper and stamp with Chicken Soup Stamp Set, Chicken holding bowl image. Use Spectrum Noir Lights Set pens to color bowl IB2 aqua, spoon TN3 brown, legs and beak GB1 yellow and comb CR4 pink. Use fingertip to apply CR4 lightly to cheeks. Glue tag 1/2" from card left side and bottom. Stamp Chicken Soup Stamp Set greeting to the right of tag as shown.
- Cut along blue edge of Simply Susan chevron paper and cut into 5"x2" and glue across the card top. Use Simply Susan 3/4" wide black sheer dot ribbon to make a bow and Zot( above the tag as shown. Thread a 7/8" wide black button with twine and knot ends. Zot to the Simply Susan aqua hounds tooth paper as shown.
- Inside: Cut two 3/4"x6 1/2" Simply Susan aqua hounds tooth and ink edges black. Glue to the left and right sides of card as shown. Glue 3/8" wide Simply Susan black dot paper over the hounds tooth paper or to the left as shown.
- Stamp Chicken Soup Stamp Set greeting and spoon on the center left and chef chicken on the right as shown, making sure to leave space for the Honeycomb bowl at the center. Stamp heat waves at the card center. Color spoon images using TN5 and TN3 browns, polka dots, legs and beak G1 yellow, color comb and cheeks CR4 pink. Color apron IB2 aqua and LG4 green.
- Stamp and cut out bowl image from Royal Blue Honeycomb and glue to the left and right of the card fold.