By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: When inking the background, set your large photo in place temporarily to help determine where your want to concentrate your ink colors.
- Start with Fanciful Feathers Color Me fanciful flourish paper as your background (the paper with the borders on two sides) keeping the feathered corner on the lower left. Use the stylus and pads to ink some of the outer and inner areas and the center of the large feather with Harvest ink, using a circular motion. Ink other open areas and feathers with Concord ink. Wipe the ink off of the embossed areas with a paper towel, as you go.
- Lightly spritz Crushed Grape Dylusions Spray on the lower left and upper right corners and let dry. Use a paintbrush to apply Dylusions to the border stripes, along the four-point star stripes, and on the dots around the feathers, as shown. Let dry.
- Mat a 5”x7” photo on white cardstock with a 1/16” border, then on black with a 1/8” border. Temporarily set the matted photo on your page 3 1/2” from the left edge and 2 1/2” from the lower edge to see which part of the feather images it covers. Place your page on the cutting mat and use the knife to cut around the edges of those areas. Slide the lower left corner of the photo under the cut areas of the page and glue the photo in place.
- Cut out the 3”x4” oval Color Me label and cut out the center oval. Ink the inner edges with Harvest and the outer edges with Concord. Glue a 2 1/2”x3” photo behind the frame, trimming the photo corners to fit. Foam tape on the upper right corner of the large photo.
- Cut out and ink the outer edges of a 3 1/2”x1 1/2” oval Color Me label with Harvest ink. Journal a name and date on the center and foam tape in place at the bottom of the photo. Journal the sentiment on a 1 5/8”x2 3/4” white cardstock, mat on black cardstock with 1/16” borders on the top, bottom and right sides and glue on the lower right side of the large photo, as shown.
- Cut out a small extra artwork Color Me™ star, spritz with Dylusions spray and let dry. Foam tape on the upper left corner of the large photo. Tie a six loop bow of both ribbon colors and Zot™ below the journaling. Zot™ a knot of gold ribbon below the small photo. Place Gold Jewel Dazzles™ on the labels, border art and feather art.