Beautiful Day Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Tape the diffuser in place so that it won’t shift during embossing.
- Card front: Place a card with the fold on your left. Glue a 4 7/8”x6 3/8” Robin’s Red tile paper on your card center.
- Place a 4 1/4”x6” Robin’s Red gray paper in your embossing folder, place the embossing diffuser with the rectangular cut-out centered over the top of the folder and run through your die-cutting machine. Trim the embossed piece to 4”x5 5/8”. Lightly sand the raised embossed area until it turns white. Mat on white cardstock with a 1/16” border. Zot™ short lengths of 1/4” red sheer ribbon across the lower right and upper left corners of your piece, tucking the ends underneath. Glue onto your card center.
- Cut off the scrolls from a corner flower Dazzles™ and place it on the lower left corner of the diffused (unembossed) area on the gray embossed piece. Place a scroll on the upper right corner.
- Tear two 4 7/8”x2” strips of vellum and Zot™ across each other above the corner flower Dazzles™, as shown. Place “Beautiful” and “DAY” Dazzles™ on the vellum, as shown. Zot™ a triple bow of the red sheer ribbon on the upper left corner.
- Card inside: Mat a 4 1/2”x3” Robin’s Red tile paper on white cardstock, then on Robin’s Red gray paper with 1/16” borders and glue 1/2” from the top. Place border Dazzles™ on the top and bottom of the tile paper.
- Journal “Enjoy your special day!” on vellum. Tear the journaled piece into a 4 1/2”x1 1/4” strip and Zot™ over another 4 1/2”x1 1/4” torn vellum strip across the center of the tile paper. Place a scroll Dazzles™ on the left and Zot™ on a bow using the red crepe ribbon.