Crackle Hearts Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Using the crackle paste over the black embossing paste makes it easy to see the crackling effect on the black pasted hearts.
- Card front: Place a card with the fold on your left. Cover with Robin’s Red red tile paper. Mat a 2 1/4”x6 1/2” Robin’s Red red/teal flourish paper on white cardstock with 1/16” borders on the long edges. Glue 5/8” from the left edge.
- Use Festive Berries Distress ink to stamp “I Love you” five times along the right side of a 1 5/8”x5 1/2” Robin’s Red gray flourish paper. Mat on white cardstock with a 1/16” border on three sides, then on Robin’s Red teal stripe paper with a 1/8” border on three sides. Glue 1/8” from the right side.
- Tape the stencil over a 3 3/4”x6” white cardstock. Use the squeegee to pull Black Embossing Paste across the stencil, covering the open areas of the stencil, and swiping away the excess. Remove the stencil immediately and let your piece dry. Remember to clean the stencil quickly before the paste dries on it.
- Tape the stencil in place again and use the method in step-3 to apply Crackle embossing paste over the stenciled black paste, swiping away the excess. Remove the stencil and let dry. It will dry and crackle in 20-30 minutes.
- Cut your stenciled piece to 3 3/4”x5 3/4” and lightly sponge Iced Spruce Distress ink between the pasted areas. Set the stencil in place again and, starting at the top, sponge Peacock Feathers ink onto the hearts, about 2 1/2” down, then stop. Starting at the bottom, sponge Festive Berries ink onto the hearts, about 2 1/2” up, then stop. Mat your piece on black cardstock with a 1/16” border. Tie a ribbon 1 1/2” from the bottom of the piece and foam tape 1/8” from the left side.
- Place border Dazzles™ along the left edge of the gray paper and on the top and bottom of the red/teal flourish paper. Cut out dots from the Border Dazzles™ and place on the paper corners, and on the bow.