Happy Mother’s Day
By LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: Use the tip of an X-acto® knife to pick up and place Jewel Dazzles™.
- Place your card fold on the left side. Glue 1 3/8” Rosemary & Thyme black dot paper to the card bottom. Cover the remaining card with pink tile paper. Open the card and trace Design Tool Kit #1 “Bracket Label B” across the card top and cut out. Ink the card edges. Place the Mother’s Day Floral Dazzles™ dot border across the top of the Rosemary & Thyme black dot paper border.
- Mat 3 1/2”x2” Silky Paper with black cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border. Place Mother’s Day Floral Dazzles™ “Happy Mother’s Day” as shown. Color the flower with Purple Spectrum Noir pens LV3 and LV1 and place a Purple Jewel Dazzles™ at the center. Glue 1 1/8” from the card top.
- Place the large Mother’s Day Floral Dazzles™ flower onto Silky Paper then trim next to the Dazzles™ edge and color the flowers with Spectrum Noir Purple, LV1 and LV3 and Pinks, DR3 and PP5. Cut out and glue to the left side of the Dazzles™ border and add tiny Purple Jewel Dazzles™ among the swirls.
- Back large and small Mother’s Day Floral Dazzles™ butterflies with Silky Papers and color using purple and pink Spectrum Noir Pens as before. Place a tiny Purple Jewel Dazzles™ at the center. Foam tape to the card as shown. Glue pink crochet trim even with the bottom of the card.
- Inside: Cover the inside with black cardstock. Cut a 2 1/2"x1 1/2" white cardstock and mat on black with 1/8” borders. Place Dazzles™ “Love You, Mom” centered on it. Mat on pink/purple flourishes paper with 3/8" borders. Mat again on black/white dots paper with 1/4" borders. Glue centered on the card. Place a small Dazzles™ butterfly on Silky Paper and trim the edges evenly. Color with pens as you did for the other butterflies. Glue near the words as shown. Place a Dazzles™ heart below the words. Add Purple Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.