Love & Cherish
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Showcase an Embellies flower with brad centered on a Dazzles™ flower with vines for a pretty layered effect.
- Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card with Kindred Spirits striped paper. Cut a 5”x3 1/4" Kindred Spirits purple textured paper. Mat the long sides on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue across the card, 1 1/2" from the bottom. Cut a 5”x2 1/4" Kindred Spirits dark pink floral paper. Mat the long sides on black, with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the purple textured paper on the card. Ink the edges of the card brown.
- Place a Dazzles™ large flower with vines and back the center of the flower on dark pink floral paper. Back the rest of the flower on light pink tiny flowers paper and trim the edges even with the flower. Add to the card, overlapping the dark pink and purple papers as shown. Zot™ the Embellies™ purple flower with brad centered on the Dazzles™ flower.
- Punch out the Papier Tole pieces for the bird with flowers embellishment. Sand the edges of each piece. Layer the pieces with foam tape by number. Add an Embellies™ small brad centered on the bottom pink flower. Glue the finished embellishment overlapping the top edge of the Dazzles™ flower as shown.
- Back “Love” and “CHERISH” tags with words on Kindred Spirits green patterned paper. Trim the edges evenly. Foam tape “Love” on the left side of the bird, and “CHERISH” near the lower right corner of the card. Add the small pink burlap flower near “CHERISH”. Add the burlap butterfly near the upper left corner.
- Zot™ a cluster of 3 Berries angled on the lower left portion of the card. Use 1/2" wide pink/ivory dots ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow centered on the Berry stems.
- Inside: Ink the edges of a 5”x4 1/2" Kindred Spirits striped paper and glue on the inside, 1 1/8” from the top. Cut a 5”x2 1/4" Kindred Spirits dark pink floral paper and mat the long sides on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue across the striped paper, 2” from the top of the card. Place a Dazzles™ circles border on a 5”x1” Kindred Spirits green patterned paper. Ink the edges brown and glue even with the bottom edge of the dark pink floral paper.
- Sand the edges of the #1 image for the large flower with banner papier tole embellishment. Write or computer print “Happy Anniversary” centered on the #3 banner piece. Foam tape the banner over its matching design on the #1 image. Add a Dazzles™ flower centered on the Papier Tole flower, then add a Embellies™ pink brad centered on the Dazzles™ flower. Glue centered on the dark pink and striped papers on the card as shown. Back a Dazzles™ bird with flower on pink and purple papers and add near the upper left corner of the card. Zot™ knotted ribbon on the lower edge of the Dazzles™ border. Add a small burlap flower on the knot.