By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: It’s fun to use brightly colored strips from the striped paper sheet to define the outer edges of your card. Mix and match the patterns for a great look.
- For the “S” fold card base: Place your card with the fold on the left. Open the card out flat and score down the center of the left panel. Close the card, then fold back on the scored line, aligning the edges on the left side.
- Front: Cover the left front flap with dark blue snowflake paper with the circles and snowflakes border 1” from the left side. Cut a narrow lime/purple strip from striped paper and glue even with the left side. Trim top and bottom edges even with the card.
- Pop out the large aqua scalloped label die-cut and pop out the center circle. Glue the frame on lime/white dots paper, backing the center opening and leaving a 1/16” border. Center on the card front and glue the left side only on the dark blue flap. Pop out the purple/aqua label die-cut and cut it in half. Place a piece on each side of the center of the large die-cut, with the scalloped ends facing out. Make sure they are aligned together, then glue in place. Pop out the penguin scalloped circle die-cut and foam tape centered over the 2 label halves.
- Mat the aqua/lime/white snowflake die-cut on dark blue snowflake paper with 1/16” borders. Foam tape it on the right side of the large die-cut and penguin die-cut. Cut out “Brrr!” and the purple/white heart. Glue/foam tape “Brrr” overlapping the penguin circle and glue the heart on the bottom of the large aqua die-cut. Foam tape small snowflake circle die-cuts as shown. Embellish the die-cuts and paper with Teal Jewel Dazzles™. Use 1/2" white grosgrain ribbon to tie a bow and trim the tails into a “V”. Zot™ the bow on the right side of the large die-cut as shown.
- Inside: Cover the top 3 1/4" of the card with lime/white dots paper. Cover the bottom 3 1/4" of the card with aqua snowflakes paper. Cut a 5”x1/2” strip of striped paper and glue centered across the seam of the 2 papers. Cut a 6 1/2"x5/16” dark blue/lime strip from striped paper and glue it even with the right side.
- Pop out the lime label with snowflakes/dark blue border and glue it centered on the card. Cut out the sentiment and glue it on the lime center of the die-cut. Glue a purple/white snowflake circle centered on the top edge of the sentiment. Glue the blue/white snowflake circle on the purple one. Add Teal Jewel Dazzles™ and knotted white ribbon as shown.