Happy Birthday Oval Swing Card
By Debbie Samples
Designer Tip: Your decorations can hang off the edges of the oval, and it will not affect the swing mechanism.
- Trace and cut a card from the Oval Swing Template onto black cardstock: Use the
- X-acto knife to cut out the oval area. Score and fold the lines.
- Trace and cut the left side from Honeysuckle black/floral paper. Trace and cut the right side from Honeysuckle pink/black dot paper. Trace and cut the spine, large oval, and small oval from Honeysuckle light gray paper. Glue all pieces to the matching spaces. Cut out a 2 1/2"x1 1/4” oval from Honeysuckle light gray paper. Computer journal or write Happy Birthday. Add a Honeysuckle Embellies( pink brad to the left. Glue to the oval in the Honeysuckle floral oval label Papier Tole. Assemble the Honeysuckle floral oval label paper tole with foam tape. Glue to a Honeysuckle red/pink honeycomb paper. Cut close to the Paper Tole edge. This will make the paper tole black/floral on the back. Glue to the front small oval, so that the points of the label are on the fold of the card. The right side will hang over.
- Trace and cut a small oval from Honeysuckle lime green paper. Mat on black with 1/8” borders. Computer Journal or write your sentiment on the oval. Place a Honeysuckle Embellies( pink brad in the center of a small flower Dazzles™. Insert above your sentiment. Back the wings of a small bee Dazzles™ with Honeysuckle pink floral paper. Cut close to the Dazzles™ edge. Place the body of the bee under the sentiment, and let the wings stay free. Foam tape to the large gray oval on the inside. Place the Pink and Black Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- Glue the floral Embellies( to the bottom right corner. Place the Pink and Black Jewel Border Dazzles™ as shown. Tie a silver ribbon knot to the front Paper Tole, and Zot™ a knot of silver ribbon to the sentiment inside as shown.