Dream Wings Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: You can also use a bone folder to burnish the metal leaf to a high sheen through a piece of acetate.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top and cover with Darkroom dark brown paper. Tear ½” from the top and left edges of 6 ½”x5” Darkroom tan text on brown paper and glue at the bottom right corner. Tear ½” from the top and left edges of 6”x4 ½” Darkroom yellow scuff paper and glue at the bottom right corner.
- Cut loosely around “Dream” and three clock hands from the scrapbooking Dazzles™ sheets, use the VersaMark™ pad to ink all over, dust with Silver Zing! embossing powder and set with the heat gun. Place “Dream” and the watch hands on the card front, as shown.
- Remove one protective cover from 6”x7” double-sided adhesive and place the following Dazzles™ onto the sticky surface: dress form, two wings, two corner gears, key/wings, large and medium gears, several small gears. Trim around the outside of the Dazzles™.
- Place the metal leaf onto the front of the Dazzles™, pressing the leaf onto the exposed sticky areas of the double-sided adhesive. Move the stipple brush in a circular motion to push the leaf into place, and remove excess leafing at the same time.
- Remove the remaining protective cover from the back of the Dazzles™ and place the corner gears on the bottom right and upper left corners of your card.
- Tie a length of 1/4'” plum sheer around the waist of the dress form Dazzles™, making a knot on the right. Foam tape the dress form over the large wings on the right side, as shown.
- Foam tape the large gears on the bottom left corner. Tie a short length of ribbon through the chain loop on the key/wings Dazzles™ and foam tape in place. Foam tape small gears near the dress form, and over the ribbon on the waist.