Let’s Eat Cake! Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: I love mixing all three colors of Birthday Greetings Dazzles™ together for a look that’s fun and bright.
- Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card with black cardstock. Cut a 4 3/4"x3 1/8” each of Happy Days red textured paper and zig-zag stripe paper. Glue the red piece centered on the top half of the card, and the zig-zag piece centered on the bottom of the card. Cut a 4 3/4"x1” Happy Days yellow/white circles paper and mat long sides on black with 1/16” borders. Glue across the seam of the two papers on the card.
- Use the Design Tool Vintage Sign template to trace the shape onto Happy Days light blue textured paper (from the banner border sheet). Cut it out, then mat on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Foam tape centered on the card, 5/8” from the bottom. Place Birthday Greetings Dazzles™ words on the center of the blue label using all 3 colors of words as shown.
- Lightly fold the Silver 3-D Heart Dazzles™ on the scored lines and place on the label as shown. Place the small hearts on black cardstock and trim the edges leaving a thin border. Glue at the sides as shown. Place the red cupcake with candle on Happy Days yellow circles paper and trim the edges evenly. Foam tape the cupcake centered on a 3-D heart as shown. Add stars in all 3 colors on the label, near the words.
- Use 1/2" wide green grosgrain ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the upper left corner of the card. Zot™ a blue flower just in front of the bow, at the center.
- Inside: Cover the card with black cardstock, then add red, zig-zag stripe, and yellow circles paper as you did in step #1 for the front. Use the Victorian Tag template to trace the shape onto Happy Days light blue textured paper. Remove the template and cut it out. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue angled on the inside of the card as shown. Add Birthday Greetings Dazzles™ red “Happy Birthday” on the center. Decorate around the words with Silver 3-D Hearts Dazzles™, stars, and a candle as shown. Zot™ knotted green ribbon on the edge of the tag.