Sweet Holiday Wishes Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Heat emboss WOW! Metallic Silver Ultra High embossing powder on the center of the scalloped oval shape, tapering it out at the edges for a great textural look. To decorate your stamped gingerbread man, add Stickles to areas of the image you wish to fill in, then use the tip of your knife to spread it out to the edges and fill the spaces.
- Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with Christmas Sweets red dots paper. Ink the top, bottom, and right side edges with VersaMark™ ink and sprinkle with Silver Ultra High embossing powder. Tap off the excess and use the heat gun to melt.
- Use the Design Tool Kit #3 to trace the Victorian Cutaway shape onto green circles paper. Remove the template, cut out the shape, and ink the edges brown. Place the shape with the long straight edge at the left. Cut a 5”x1 1/2" Christmas Sweets dots on brown paper and ink the edges brown. Glue centered across the shape. Cut two strips of 5”x5/8” Christmas Sweets striped paper and ink the edges brown. Glue even with the top and bottom edges of the dotted paper. Trim the edges even with the shape and glue on the card, even with the fold.
- Trace and cut out a Scalloped Oval shape from Christmas Sweets red dots paper. Ink the edges brown. Use a cosmetic sponge to apply VersaMark™ ink on the center of the paper scalloped oval, then working outward from the center leaving about 1/8” to 1/4" of space at the edges. Sprinkle with silver Ultra High embossing powder and tap off the excess. Use the heat gun to apply heat about 7” away from the paper, keeping it moving until the powder melts. Let cool and mat on Christmas Sweets ivory/tan dots paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges brown and glue it centered on the card, 1/4" from the top.
- Trace and cut out an Exquisite Label shape from Christmas Sweets ivory/tan circles paper. Ink the edges brown. Stamp the gingerbread image centered on the label with dark brown ink. Mat on Christmas Sweets green/ivory dots paper with 1/16” borders. Foam tape centered on the silver embossed scalloped oval on the card front.
- To decorate the gingerbread image: Apply tiny dots of Seafoam Stickles on the holly leaves and use the tip of your knife to spread it to the edges and fill the spaces. Add Seafoam to the bow. Add tiny dots of Xmas Red Stickles for the berries. Add Xmas Red to the hat and peppermints, leaving space for the white areas. Add Diamond Ice Stickles for the trim and ball on the hat and the remaining spaces on the peppermints. Let dry.
- Add Xmas Red Stickles to the green edges on the left side of the card, and dots on the scalloped edge of the Victorian Cutaway shape. Let dry. Stamp “Sweet Holiday Wishes” on Christmas Sweets ivory/tan paper with dark brown ink. Trim to a 1 7/8”x3/8” rectangle and mat on brown with 1/16” borders. Add Xmas Red Stickles on the edges of the ivory/tan paper. Let dry. Foam tape near the bottom of the card as shown. Use 1/2" wide brown organdy swirl ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow near the gingerbread image as shown.