Focus on the Good Times Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: I created a 3-D impression of the camera image by stamping into the hot molten embossed copper with the inked stamp. Be sure to let the embossed material cool before lifting the stamp.
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the top. Cut a 6 1/2"x5” black cardstock and ink it well with VersaMark ink. Sprinkle with Copper Ultra High Embossing powder and heat to melt with the heat gun at least 7” away from the cardstock. Glue even with the card front.
- Cut a 6”x4 1/2" Darkroom aqua/green textured paper and sand the edges. Ink the edges lightly with black ink. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Place it centered on the card front, taping the bottom half only in place.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x2 1/2" Darkroom dark brown/aqua patterned paper and tear 1/2" down the left side. Glue on the card front, 5/8” from the left side and 3/4” from the top. Pop out the Darkroom Die-Cuts as shown and sand/ink the edges as desired. Glue the brown photo corners near the corners of the aqua/green paper. Glue the large label with brown frame, the brown film strip frame with gold center, and gold/brown curved film strip overlapping the torn paper as shown. Foam tape two gold/brown decorative corners at the top and bottom of the large label as shown.
- Cut a 3 1/2"x2 1/2" black cardstock and place on scrap paper. Ink the entire piece with VersaMark™ ink and sprinkle with Copper Ultra High Embossing powder. Holding the heat gun at least 7” away from the embossing powder, heat to melt. While still hot, sprinkle with more copper embossing powder and heat again. Repeat 2 more times to get a very thick layer of embossing. Ink your stamp with Black SurfaceZ ink and have it within reach. Heat the embossed copper again until hot and molten. Working quickly, place the embossed copper piece on your table and stamp onto the center with the inked camera stamp. Leave the stamp in the embossed copper until it cools (I counted to 10 and that worked). Peel off the stamp. Make sure the embossing is completely cool, then bend the cardstock at the corners to create cracks in the surface of the embossing. With a light touch, use the Black SurfaceZ ink pad directly on the cracks to distress them. Wrap the bottom of the piece with 1/4" wide sheer light blue ribbon and tie in a knot on the front left as shown. Glue the embossed piece centered on the card, 1” from the left side and 1 1/2" from the top.
- Stamp “Focus on the Good Times” centered on the small gold/aqua tag with black ink. Foam tape overlapping the upper left corner of the embossed piece. Stamp a black tiny heart on the right side of the label die-cut above the swirl as shown. Layer the gold/brown and aqua/brown tile art off set with foam tape. Add an Embellies brad through the center. Foam tape overlapping the right edge of the embossed piece. Add the Embellies™ “Flash” brad on the gold/brown film strip die-cut as shown, lifting the back to flatten the prongs. Tape the top edge of the matted paper in place. Decorate with dots of Onyx Pearls Liquid Pearls™ and let dry.