By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: It’s so much fun to mix and match the colors of these beautiful snowflakes Dazzles™! I love the pretty look and contrast of placing them on dark paper, such as the navy suede used for this card.
- Front: Place the blank card with the fold at the left. Cut a sheet of Fresh Frost blue/aqua/tan striped paper in half with the stripes horizontal. Glue one piece even with the top of the card and the other even with the bottom of the card. Trim sides evenly. Cut a 5”x3/4” aqua snowflakes paper and glue it centered across the card.
- Cut two 4 1/4"x3” pieces of tan textured paper and glue one centered even with the top of the card and the other centered even with the bottom. Cut a 5”x1/2” silver linen paper and mat on navy suede with 1/16” borders. Glue across the center of the card. Cut a 4”x6 1/2" navy suede and glue it centered on the tan paper, overlapping the silver strip.
- Place 3 Snowflakes Dazzles™ silver pearl snowflakes evenly spaced down the center of the navy suede on the card as shown. Add white inside pieces to the snowflakes as desired. Place a 1 3/8” white snowflake on aqua snowflakes paper and trim around the edges leaving a thin border. Foam tape centered on the large snowflake on the center of the navy suede. Back a 5/8” silver pearl snowflake on navy suede, trimming the edges with thin borders. Foam tape centered on the backed white snowflake.
- Add remaining snowflakes and corners to the navy suede as shown, alternating silver pearl and white. Embellish the snowflakes with blue Jewel Dazzles™. Place Tiny Words & Phrases “Blessings” on the lower right side of the navy suede. Use light blue metallic cord to tie a bow. Zot™ on the left side of the card as shown.
- Inside: Cut a 4”x2” navy suede. Mat on silver linen with 1/16” border. Mat on aqua snowflakes paper with 1/8” borders. Glue centered on the card. Place snowflakes, inside pieces, and blue Jewel Dazzles™ as shown. Place “with love” between the snowflakes. Tie a light blue bow and Zot™ as shown.