Pink/Blue Ornaments Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Trace an ornament onto scratch paper, cut out and use as a mask for spraying background ornaments.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top. Cover with Color Me™ swirls paper and use the stylus to ink the edges with Picked Raspberry distress ink. Wipe the ink off of the embossed swirls with a paper towel.
- Tape the stencil over 6½”x5½” acetate with the oval pointed scroll ornament ½” from the left side and ¼” from the bottom of your card, covering over the edges and other ornaments with Post-it® notes. Remove the barrel insert from the Perfect Airbrush. Remove the cap from the chisel point end of pen #BP3 (pink) and insert as shown in the airbrush instructions. Spray through the stencil, let dry for a few seconds, and then remove the stencil. Repeat the process to make a round ornament with pen #BT8 (blue), ½” from the top edge and ½” from the right side of your card.
- Place the stencil over scrap paper, trace the outer shapes of the two ornament shapes used, remove the stencil and cut out the two shapes. Set the paper shapes over the sprayed ornaments on the acetate, as masks, and use a small piece of stencil tape at the bottom to hold them in place.
- Repeat the spraying process in the colors shown (use both colors to create purple) to add ornaments behind the first sprayed ornaments, moving, masking and taping the stencil as needed. Let dry.
- Score a horizontal line ½” from the top edge of the acetate and mountain fold the flap to the back. Tape the flap onto the back edge of your card, along the fold, allowing the acetate to sit on the card front.
- Place thin gold border Dazzles™ at the top of the ornaments as “strings”, cutting even with the fold. Place Border Dazzles™ along the fold, and 1/16” from the bottom edge of your card. Place “Good Tidings To All” Dazzles™ in the open area at the bottom and tiny Jewel Dazzles™ on the ornaments. Zot™ a bow of ¼” gold sheer ribbon at the top of the two main ornaments as shown.