Pink Birthday Words Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Mask off around one word on your embossed piece with Post-it® notes to apply VersaMark™ ink only to just one word.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left. Cover with pink hearts holographic paper.
- Follow your die cutting machine manufacturer's instructions to emboss a 4 1/8”x5 7/8” white cardstock. Remove the cardstock and lightly spray with Funky Fuchsia Dylusions spray ink. Let dry.
- Swipe the raised words of your embossed piece with Spun Sugar Distress ink. Mask the areas around the word “Birthday” with Post-it® notes. Roll the brayer over the VersaMark™ ink pad, then roll across the word “Birthday” on your embossed piece. Sprinkle with Red Zing! glitter embossing powder, tap off excess and heat set with the heat gun. Use the black pen to draw a shadow line around the bottom and right sides of the word “Birthday.”
- Mat your embossed piece on black cardstock with a 1/16” border and glue onto your card front with a ¼” border on the top, bottom and right edges.
- Glue a length of ribbon along the left edge of the embossed piece, tucking the ends under the pink holographic paper. Tie a bow around the ribbon, just to the left of “Birthday”.