By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: I have found that an acrylic block helps me to press the Magic Stamp foam firmly on the embossing folder for a better image. Just use light pressure with the foam when stamping with it.
- Place your blank card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with Darkroom brown/aqua patterned paper. Cut a piece of Darkroom aqua textured paper slightly larger than the embossing folders. Place the paper inside the geometric patterned embossing folder and place it in the appropriate “sandwich” for your machine. Run it through your machine to emboss.
- Remove the embossed paper from the embossing folder and ink the raised surface with VersaMark. Sprinkle with copper embossing powder and emboss with the heat gun. Trim into a rectangle, close to the embossed edges. Glue centered on the card front. Open the card out flat. Sprinkle the gold dust embossing powder & elements mix around the edges of the embossed paper on the card front. Use the heat gun from underneath the card/paper to melt the powder.
- Glue a 5” length of 1 1/2" brown crepe ribbon across the card, 2 3/4" from the bottom. Cut a 5”x3/4” strip of striped paper centered across the ribbon.
- Heat the Magic Stamp foam with the heat gun for about 30 seconds (avoid overheating). Position the heated foam onto the inside of the flower bloom embossing folder, then place the acrylic block on top and press firmly. Remove the foam and ink it with VersaMark™. Lightly stamp the image onto Darkroom dark brown textured paper. Sprinkle with Copper Embossing Powder and emboss with the heat gun. Repeat for a total of 5 images, each copper embossed. Cut out the images from large to small so they can be layered for dimension. Sprinkle each with a small amount of Gold Dust and heat from underneath to melt. Layer the pieces together from large to small with foam tape. Glue centered on the ribbon/paper strip on the card. Punch a 1/4" aqua textured circle. Ink the edges with VersaMark™ and emboss copper. Foam tape centered on the layered flower.
- Use the Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template to trace a Bracket Label B shape onto Darkroom gold textured paper. Remove the template and cut out the shape. Mat on Darkroom dark brown textured paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges with VersaMark™ and emboss with copper embossing powder. Place Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ “Just Because” centered on the label. Foam tape below the flower on the card as shown. Use 1/2" wide brown twill to tie a bow. Zot™ on the right side of the card as shown.