LOVE makes a House a HOME
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Before heat embossing with acetate, I rinse the piece of acetate with water and pat dry with paper towels before using. It helps to control static when adding the embossing powders.
- Front: Cut a 5 7/8”x6” piece of acetate. Score a line across the acetate with the dull side of your knife, 1” from the top. Fold on the scored line. Stamp a house image with VersaMark™ ink 1/8” from the left side of the acetate, 1/2” from the bottom. Sprinkle with Blue Blast embossing glitter and tap off the excess. Emboss with the heat gun. Stamp a different house image 1/8” to the right of the first image and emboss with Sensational Sage embossing glitter. Repeat for a third house using Metallic Copper Sparkle embossing glitter. Cut a 5/8” wide strip from Family Ties striped paper and tape across the bottom of the acetate. Cut a 3/16” wide strip from striped paper and glue across the top edge of the first strip as shown.
- Cut a 6 1/2"x5” piece of white cardstock. Place a piece of Ultra Clear Tape across the top of the cardstock. Align the folded edge of the acetate with the top of the cardstock and press in place. Lift the acetate flap and glue a 6 1/2”x5” piece of red textured paper over the 1” section of acetate and the white cardstock. Trim the bottom edge evenly if needed. Close the acetate flap. Tie a green crepe bow and trim the ends into a “V”. Zot™ the bow on the acetate near the upper left corner of the card.
- Stamp the 3 house images that you used on the acetate 1 time each with VersaMark™ ink on brown textured paper. Heat to set with the heat gun. Trim around the edges of each house. Align each brown paper house on the acetate beneath its corresponding embossed image. Secure each brown house to the acetate with small pieces of clear tape and glue stick.
- Inside: Cut a 5 7/8”x4 3/4" Family Ties blue textured paper (from the houses bordered sheet). Cut a 5 7/8”x1 1/8” Family Ties green textured paper and glue it across the blue paper, 1/2" from the bottom. Cut a 3/16” wide strip from Family Ties striped paper and glue across the blue paper, 1/8” above the green.
- Stamp a house on the blue paper with VersaMark™ ink, even with the 3/16” striped paper, 2” from the right. Emboss with Blue Blast embossing glitter and the heat gun. Continue with the following images and colors as shown: the lamp post, dog, and cat in copper, the bicycle and dog house in red, and the fence border in blue. Emboss the small tree on the left side of the house with Sensational Sage. Stamp the tree with the swing on the right, carefully sprinkling red embossing glitter strategically on the swing area and tapping it off. Finish the tree with Sensational Sage. Emboss all with the heat gun.
- Stamp and emboss “LOVE makes a House a HOME” on Family Ties tan/ivory textured paper with copper embossing glitter. Fill in the open areas of “LOVE” and the heart inside the “O” in “HOME” with the VersaMark™ pen. Sprinkle with red embossing glitter and emboss. Trim the edges even with the embossed image. Stamp and emboss “Welcome to the neighborhood” on the left side of the bottom blue section of the paper with copper embossing glitter. Ink the edges of the paper with VersaMark™ and sprinkle with copper embossing glitter. Emboss with the heat gun.
- Lift the acetate flap and glue the paper centered on the inside, even with the bottom edge. Glue “LOVE makes a House a HOME” near the top corner as shown. Close the clear acetate flap over the inside.