Happy Birthday Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Layer die-cuts together on the wreath for a 3-dimensional look!
- Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with Unforgettable purple textured paper. Cover the bottom 2” with Unforgettable striped paper.
- Use your die cutting machine and cutting dies to cut the following pieces from Unforgettable papers: 1 wreath from medium green textured paper; 18 leaf sprigs from light green textured paper and 3 from medium green textured paper; 4 outline roses from blue textured paper and 4 outline roses from pink botanicals paper; 8 rose shadows from ivory/light green textured paper. Layer each outline rose on a shadow and glue together.
- Glue the medium green wreath die-cut centered on the purple paper on the card front. Take a pink rose and 3 light green leaf sprigs and arrange on the upper left portion of the wreath, between the swirls. Foam tape the rose and leaves in place as shown. Repeat for a total of 6 roses evenly spaced on the wreath, each with 3 light green leaf sprigs as shown.
- Place Silver Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ “Happy Birthday” centered inside the wreath. Add a heart below the words. Use 1/4" wide sheer lilac ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ in place as shown. Place Silver Thin Lines Dazzles™ on the outer edges of the purple textured paper.
- Inside: Cover the bottom 2” of the card with Unforgettable striped paper. Use the Tiny Tags & Little Labels template to trace a Bracket Label B shape onto purple textured paper. Cut it out and mat on Unforgettable medium green textured paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the card, 1/4" above the striped paper. Arrange the 2 remaining roses and medium green leaf sprigs together on the left side of the label and glue in place. Place Dazzles™ “Celebrate!” centered on the label. Zot™ knotted lilac ribbon as shown.