Spread Your Wings Card
By Debbie Samples
Designer Tip: Ink the bird for more definition.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top. Cover the center with Artful Watercolor dark pink pattern paper. Cover the sides and bottom border with Artful Watercolor border papers. Ink all the edges with Periwinkle ink.
- Use the Wreath cutting die to cut an Artful Watercolor green wreath. Glue to the center. Cut two flowers from the Artful Watercolor flower paper. Foam tape to the bottom of the wreath.
- Stamp the bird on white cardstock in VersaMark™ ink. Dust with Blue Blast glitter embossing powder. Use a small brush to remove the powder from the bird’s beak. Remove a tiny bit of powder for the eye. Heat with the heat gun to emboss. Use a brown color pencil for the beak and eye. Cut close to the bird, removing the branch and leg. Ink the edges, and use a small bit of the cosmetic sponge to ink inside the bird using the Dark Brown ink. Foam tape to the flowers. Place the jewel Dazzles™ as shown. Zot a six loop bow on the flowers.
- Stamp “Spread Your Wings” on a 1 3/8”x3/4” white cardstock. Mat on Artful Watercolor blue paper, with 1/8” borders. Foam tape on the top right corner.
- Card inside: Glue a 4”x4½” Artful Watercolor blue paper centered. Cut a double pink flower from the flower paper. Glue to the top left corner. Stamp the swirl stamps on the top and the bottom in brown ink. Back the “Dream Big” Dazzles™ with double sided adhesive. Cut close to the Dazzles™ edge. Dust with Blue Blast embossing powder, pushing the powder into the adhesive. Tap off the excess. Place the Dazzles™ as shown.