MegaFlake Background Card
By Sara Naumann
Sara’s tip: Create gorgeous gilded backgrounds with a simple swipe of FlitterGlu on a cosmetic wedge! The more glue, the more area will be covered with metallic flake—here, I’ve left plenty of the teal vellum showing to emphasize the contrast. The vellum will curl up when the glue dries, so I recommend placing it in a plastic sheet protector and between two books to flatten.
- Cut a 3 3/4”-wide piece of teal vellum. Apply FlitterGlu to a cosmetic wedge and swipe horizontally across the piece. Sprinkle Winter Dawn MegaFlake over the vellum and use fingertips to burnish flakes into the adhesive. Gently polish with the Scoochy Foam. Mat the top and bottom edges with black cardstock.
- Place the card fold at the top. Cover with green patterned paper. Glue the vellum piece in the center. Place the lace border Dazzles™ on a 1 1/8”-wide strip of green patterned paper; this won’t be long enough to go all the way across the card front, so cut it in half width-wise and glue one piece even with the right side of the card and the other even with the left side.
- Stamp the butterfly on white cardstock with black ink. Mat on black cardstock and wrap the top and bottom corners with teal ribbon. Color the butterfly with BT2, BT4 and BT1 Spectrum Noir pens. Foam-tape to the card front.
- Add a knotted piece of green ribbon at the left side of the matted piece, and the Dazzles™ accent at the bottom of the card front.
- For the card inside: Use the chisel tip of BT4 to ink the long edges of a 3”-wide piece of green patterned paper. Glue to the inside of the card. Stamp the small butterfly and sentiment on white cardstock with black. Ink the edges with BT4, then add it to the inside of the card, along with a Dazzles™ swirl and a leftover strip of gilded vellum.