MegaFlake Botanicals Card
By Sara Naumann
Sara’s tip: When you’re done stamping with the FlitterGlu, be sure to clean your stamp immediately—soap and water will do the trick. If you can’t get to a sink quickly, keep a bucket of water nearby and simply drop in the stamp to soak until it can be cleaned properly. With detail stamps like these, it’s a good idea to give a scrub with an old toothbrush to remove glue from tiny areas.
- Place the three stamps on one block. Stamp on white cardstock using FlitterGlu. Sprinkle Winter Dawn MegaFlakes over the stamped images and use fingertips to burnish flakes into the adhesive.
- Gently polish with the Scoochy Foam to reveal the stamped design. Stamp “you make life special” with brown ink and color in the flower and “life” with Spectrum Noir BT4 pen.
- Cut the stamped piece to 5 1/2” x 3 3/4” and mat on brown cardstock. Add jewel Dazzles™ at each corner, then wrap with sheer ribbon and brown twine. Hold two pieces of brown twine together, then tie in a bow. Glue to the gilded focal as shown.
- Place the card fold on the side. Cover with brown patterned paper. Glue a 4 1/2”-wide piece of herringbone vellum onto a piece of white cardstock the same size. Glue to the center of the card, trimming the ends even with the top and bottom of the card. Note: A light application of glue stick will not show through the patterned vellum, but you still want to apply it sparingly.
- Glue the gilded card focal in the card center.
- For the card inside: Glue a 4 1/2” x 4” piece of herringbone vellum on top of a piece of white cardstock the same size. Glue to the inside of the card.
- Stamp the butterfly and sentiment on white cardstock with brown ink. Color with BT2, BT4 and BT1. Use the chisel tip of BT4 to edge the white cardstock. Mat again on white and glue inside the card. Tie a bow in brown twine and glue as shown.