MegaFlake Feathers Card
By Sara Naumann
Sara’s tip: Bold silhouette designs like this feather are perfect for creating a striking gilded card focal. Overlapping the feather with Dazzles™ words highlights the metallic tones in the gilding flake.
- Stamp the feather on glossy white cardstock using FlitterGlu. Sprinkle Winter Dawn MegaFlake over the stamped image and use fingertips to burnish flakes into the adhesive.
- Gently polish with the Scoochy Foam to reveal the stamped design.
- Cut cardstock to 5 1/2” x 2 3/4” and mat on teal, then brown cardstock.
- Place the card fold on the side. Glue a 2”-wide strip of teal/brown herringbone patterned paper along the fold. Glue a narrow strip of white cardstock 1/4” from the card fold, then overlap with a narrow strip of teal cardstock. Cover the rest of the card front with green patterned paper and add Jewel Dazzles™ at each corner.
- Place a strip of vellum lace border on the card front, aligning it with the edge of the green patterned paper. Use a light touch of glue stick to secure the ends of the vellum strip, applying more glue to the area where the matted focal will cover it.
- Glue the feather focal to the card front. Add “for you” Dazzles™. Hold twine and blue ribbon together and tie in a bow, then glue as shown.
- For the card inside: Cut a 3 1/3”-side strip of green patterned paper. Mat the top and bottom edges with brown patterned paper, then with teal. Glue inside the card, even with the fold of the card. Add a strip of vellum lace border along the bottom, even with the bottom of the green patterned paper. Secure with touches of glue stick.
- Stamp “let your dreams” on white cardstock with brown. Mat on teal and glue as shown. Use star Dazzles™ from the Tiny Words sticker sheet to accent.