By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Die cut your snowflakes from aqua patterned paper, then stamp a beautiful snowflake design on each one and decorate with Dazzles for sparkle and shine.
- Front: Place your blank card with the fold on the left. Cover the top 5/8" of the card with Fresh Frost tan snowflakes paper. Cover the bottom 6" of the card with Fresh Frost aqua/blue/tan striped paper. Ink the edges of the card with Chambray ink.
- Cut two 3"x6" Fresh Frost dark blue rectangles. Take one and measure 1 1/4" from the bottom and use your ruler to draw a straight line across with your pencil. Find the middle on your line and mark it with the pencil. Use your ruler to cut from the bottom right corner to the middle point. Repeat for the left side to create a notch at the bottom. Do the same for the second rectangle. Mat each on tan snowflakes paper with 1/16" borders. Glue one piece centered on the card, even with the bottom. Add Silver Jewel Border Dazzles at the sides of each. Place a Jewel Border even with the top edge of the striped paper.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x1" tan snowflakes paper. Draw a vertical line 1/4" from the right side and find the middle on the line. Cut a notch in the end as you did in step #2. Repeat for the other end of the rectangle. Mat on medium blue paper with 1/16" borders. Stamp "Season's Greetings" centered on it with Chambray ink. Stamp a small snowflake under "Season's" as shown. Foam tape centered on the card, 1 5/8" from the bottom.
- Use the Snowflake cutting dies and your die cutting machine to cut 2 large and 4 small snowflakes from Fresh Frost aqua snowflakes paper. Stamp a snowflake image centered on each die cut with Chambray ink. Foam tape 1 large and 3 small snowflakes on the card as shown. Decorate the center of each snowflake with Silver Jewel Dazzles. Use aqua metallic ribbon to tie a bow. Zot in place near the words.
- Inside: Take the reserved dark blue paper banner and add Silver Jewel Border Dazzles on the long inner edges as shown. Glue it centered on the card. Cut a 2 1/2"x1" tan snowflakes paper. Draw a vertical line 1/4" from the right side and find the middle on the line. Cut a notch in the end as you did in step #2. Repeat for the other end of the rectangle. Mat on medium blue paper with 1/16" borders. Stamp "ENJOY THIS MAGICAL Season!" centered on it with Chambray ink. Glue on the card, 3/8" from the right side and 1 3/4" from the bottom.
- 6) Glue the remaining snowflakes on the card as shown and add Jewel Dazzles. Zot ribbon as shown.