By Debbie Samples
Designer Tip: Make a sheet of Mega Flakes to cut your truck from for a Camouflage look.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left. Cover with Trail Blazer border paper with the border and compass on the top left. Tear one long edge of a 5"x1" light brown paper. Ink the torn edge, and glue to the bottom of the card.
- TECHNIQUE: Die cut a Megaflakes truck: Cover a 6"x6" tan cardstock with Flitterglue. Let it dry to tacky (not wet). Cover with the Megaflakes. Push the flakes into the glue. Let dry for 15-20 minutes until the glue is dry. Burnish off the excess flakes with the Scoochy foam. (save the excess flakes for another project). Use the cutting dies to cut a truck and four stars from the sheet. Save the rest for later. Back the bottom of the truck with black cardstock. Cut close to the die-cut edge. Use the truck cutting die to cut two black cardstock tires to place over the original ones. Use the truck rail cutting die to cut a black cardstock rail. Glue to the back of the truck. Use the tree cutting die to cut five trees from green paper. Glue three trees to the right side. Foam tape the truck at an angle as if climbing up a hill.
- Place the compass Dazzles over the compass on the border. Foam tape a die-cut star in the center. Place Dazzles at the points of the compass.
- Back the arrow part of the sentiment Dazzles with left over Megaflakes paper. Cut close to the Dazzles edge. Glue on on a 3"x1 3/8" Trail Blazer light brown paper. Mat on black cardstock with 1/8" borders. Foam tape to the top right corner. Add the Copper Jewel Dazzles
- Card inside: Journal on a 3"x2" Trail Blazer light brown paper. Mat on Trail Blazer wood grain paper with 1/8" borders. Mat again on left over Megaflakes paper with 1/16" borders. Glue centered. Foam tape the three stars as shown. Glue a die-cut tree on either side.